Today is Porter’s 6 month birthday. I can’t believe he’s 6 months old already–how much our lives have changed in such a short amount of time! I have loved every moment!
- Porter is a pro at rolling over now (but only from his belly to his back). When we put him on the ground, he almost immediately rolls over. It’s like he’s saying “Hey! I finally figured out what you wanted me to do!” and he likes to show off this new skill.
- He is getting better at sitting up on his own, but he can still only do it for short periods of time.
- We think he may be starting to recognize his name. Most of the time when we call him by name he looks up at us, but it’s hard to say if he’s reacting to his name or if he’s just reacting to the sound of our voices.
- He is SO happy most of the time, and he finds the oddest things hilarious. Yesterday I sneezed while changing his diaper and he cracked up! I then continued to fake sneeze and each time he would explode into the most adorable giggles. I told David about it, so this morning we were fake sneezing in order to get some laughs out of him. It.Was.Precious.
- I think he might be teething, but I’m still not sure. EVERYTHING goes in his mouth and he seems to be drooling more than normal. His bottom gums look a little white, and he was absolutely hysterical last night and it took 2 hours to get him down to go to bed (this is very abnormal for him.)
P woke up at 5:11 this morning, so we had an early start to our day! This allowed us to get our monthly photo shoot done early, which is why I’m able to make a 6 month update ON the day he actually turned 6 months old. Blessing in disguise, I guess!